1. Body running the project:
Demokratischer Frauenbund Landesverband Brandenburg e.V.
2. Aim of the 2nd call of the ESF program IdA (Integration through exchange):
Boosting the employment opportunities of people with a disability on the general job market through the funding of transnational mobility projects and the exchange of transnational experts
3. Target group in our project:
- Unemployed young adults with a disability between vocational training and a job
- Unemployed young adults with a disability as well as
- Representatives of self-help groups, of associations, of social partners and of the employment authorities (strategic stakeholders)
- primarily participants with a learning disability
- No participants who are assisted in the work place or relying on assistance at home
- No specifications about the degree of the disability were made by the funding body
- Internships in other EU
countries for young unemployed people with a disability to support the transition from first vocational training to the primary labor market.
- Providing internships in other EU
countries to support the integration of unemployed adults with a disability into the job market.
- The transnational exchange of strategic actors as well as representatives of self-help organizations is obligatory as is the representation of the interests of people with a disability.
- At least 3 opportunities for a counter-exchange for stakeholders from partner states have to be facilitated.
5. Project aims:
The project is targeted at enhancing the vocational skills and intercultural competencies as well as the occupational mobility of people with a disability. Facilitating internships abroad, the project aims at boosting people’s opportunities of accessing and integrating into the job market.
By participating in the project, the personal competencies of the target group are enhanced. We believe in empowering people’s self-confidence and their faith in themselves through experiential learning in a culturally and geographically alien vocational environment. As a consequence of participating in the project, participants will temporarily be integrated into the European job market. This will expand the target group’s professional skills and give them the ability to move competently within Europe. The programme will boost participants’ intercultural skills as well as language and social skills. The skills acquired during the programme will be certified.
- 4-week language course (English or French)
- Assessment, Profiling, erbek-competence training (2 weeks)
- Cultural studies courses and intercultural training (2 weeks)
- Vocational preparation (4 weeks) followed by the selection process of 6-7 participants for each internship abroad
- 9-week internship abroad (2 weeks of language training7 weeks of vocational placement, mobility training, excursions etc)
Current partner countries:
France, Denmark, Austria, Italy
We are looking for a partner in Sweden who supports us to organize and to realize the residence of the target group abroad (finding internship places, accommodations, …). Moreover, the partner should participate in experts meetings, conferences, seminars in Germany.
For further information, please contact:
Silja Wesselmann, Tel.: +4917663781432
Torsten Wodner, Tel.: +4915125248359